Do You Need Help Changing Or Enforcing Child Support Or Custody?
Your child support and custody order was designed to meet the needs of your family at a particular point in time. However, the orders that worked for your family then may not work now.
The lawyers of The Law Offices of Steven M. Williams represent families in post-divorce proceedings to modify child custody, visitation and support orders. We also file motions to enforce existing orders when one party is not following them. We offer a free initial consultation to discuss your case.
When Can Child Custody Or Support Be Changed?
There are several circumstances when child custody or support can be changed. The change must be justified by a significant change in circumstances. Here a few examples:
- You can seek a reduction in child support if you earn substantially less due to job loss or a change in employment.
- You may be entitled to more child support if the payer is earning substantially more.
- You may be able to change child custody if there are issues such as drug abuse or violence by a parent.
- If a parent with primary conservatorship wishes to remove a child from Texas, he or she will need approval of the other parent or a Texas court.
- An older child may wish to live with a different parent.
For More Information About Modifications Or Enforcement Of Family Law Orders
To discuss your circumstances with a lawyer, please contact our Decatur office by calling 940-627-6060 or sending us an email. Our lawyers represent clients in communities throughout Wise County and surrounding counties in Texas.