Drug Crimes Criminal Defense Lawyers in Wise County, Texas
We provide representation for drug charges including possession, manufacturing, distribution and intent to sell. Certain drug crimes fall under state jurisdiction, but still come with serious penalties. At The Law Offices of Steven Williams, we use our many years of experience as criminal defense attorneys to determine the best defense strategy for your particular case. We are skilled negotiators who are familiar with local prosecution and standards, and will use that to your advantage if a plea agreement may be in your best interest. If, however, a plea agreement is not best for your particular situation, we are relentless in pursuing courtroom success, and we use an aggressive litigation style to ensure that you receive a fair and high-quality defense.
There are a variety of drug charges prosecuted at the state level. These include, but are not limited to the following
- Dealing Illegal Drugs: Drug dealing involves exchanging drugs for money. When a person is caught dealing drugs, he or she faces state criminal charges.
- Selling Illegal Drugs: Drug selling, as opposed to drug dealing, does not have to occur on a regular basis, but is a state crime nonetheless.
- Dealing or Selling Prescription drugs: Dealing or selling prescription drugs to others is a crime, regardless of whether or not there is nefarious intent, and even though these drugs are legal.
- Drug Trafficking: Trafficking is the process of shipping drugs from location to location. It becomes a federal drug crime when it involves interstate (state to state) trafficking or international (country to country) trafficking and extremely large amounts of drugs.
- Possession with intent to distribute: This type of state crime deals with large amounts of drugs. A person charged with this crime faces serious charges, including imprisonment and major fines.
- Use: The act of using drugs is a state offense. Penalties can vary depending on the type of drug.
In many drug crimes, the penalties a person faces depends on the type and amount of drug involved and the activity you are charged with. For example, drug crimes involving methamphetamines, heroin, crack-cocaine and cocaine carry a much more serious punishments than a drug crime involving marijuana. However, the trafficking of marijuana can carry a more severe punishment than the use of cocaine.
Allow us to leverage our skills and experience to help you. We are happy to answer any questions you may have about the defense of drug crimes and the severity of your charges, so please call us today at (940) 627-6060 or send us an e-mail at email@example.com for your free initial consultation.