We’ll Fight For Your Rights!

Did The Judge Or Jury Get It Wrong?

The criminal justice system is far from perfect. A judge or jury may arrive at a verdict that is wrong due to errors during the investigation or trial.

At the Law Offices of Steven Williams, our attorney handles appeals of criminal and civil cases in Texas whether we handled the original case or not. We offer a free initial consultation to discuss your case.

When Can I Appeal A Case?

Unfortunately, you cannot appeal a criminal or civil case just because the verdict was wrong. To appeal a case, your appellate attorney must show:

  • Wrongfully excluded evidence
  • Allowance of inadmissible evidence
  • New evidence uncovered after your trial proving your innocence
  • Misconduct by police or the prosecutor
  • Mistakes by the judge
  • Misapplication of law
  • Lack of adequate representation by your lawyer
  • Other mistakes in the trial record

Our attorney can review the trial record and let you know if you have grounds for an appeal.

For More Information About Appeals

You have a limited amount of time to appeal a case, so it’s important to seek the advice of an appellate lawyer as soon as possible. Please contact our Decatur law office by calling 940-308-8412 or sending us an email.